Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy New Year - 2007


Democrats control US Congress
(SPECIAL NOTE:) Adios Amigos! This will be my last update for awhile. As you've seen during the past year, the quality of my posts have been going down hill. I love my Web site and those that know me will agree that I try to be a professional in everything I do. I still have it within me to say what the public need to hear, but the failing of my eyesight prevents the weekly transfer of my words of wisdom to my Web site. I now will go fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains of my home state of Tennessee with my two Yorkshire terriers, Sir Winston of Churchill V, and his half brother, Baron von Dieter. I will not terminate my Web site and I will return after I catch a mess of fish. I will have my LAPTOP for those who would like to maintain contact with me via email noahbelew@earthlink.net I am not sure if my Web site is read. I never hear from you. Please sign my "guest book".



It is traditional in the United States of America for all citizens to join hands and attend parties on New Year's Eve to welcome the New Year. Times Square in New York City has a ball drop hosted by the television celebrity. This is broadcast all over the United States. At the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve people will kiss or honk car horns. Paper blowers and whistles are blown. A soul food of black-eyed peas and rice called Hoppin' John is eaten by some. Other foods that are
eaten at New Year are cake and champagne. In the United States some believe that black-eyed beans are lucky. On Time Square they watch for the moment when a giant bright colored apple is lowered to the ground at which time they start saying Happy New Year
Later in the day many watch the Championship football games in stadiums or on their televisions. It has always been my policy to have a few cocktails at the New Year party of my choice, but I do not drive home after the celebration. It is my SOP Standing Operation Procedure to make a room reservation near the party location. If the distance is greater than I can walk from the party location, I call a taxi. The year of 2006 was not a good year until Nov. 7, nor were the years since 2003. On election day of this year, the majority of the American people voted to give Congress back to the Democratic Party. George W. Bush and the Republican Congress have made America a Third World country and he has made the free nations of the world hate us. In the six years that Bush has squatted in the White House, he has managed to start a war in Iraq that he can't stop. Since he ordered the invasion of Iraq on March 20, 2003, about 3,000 young Americans have been killed. About 26,000 Americans have been wounded, many for life with no arms, legs and eyes. Iraq played no part in 9/11. What Bush did on 3/30/03 is what Japan did to us on 12/7/41 - the invasion of Pearl Harbor. So far, the Bush's Iraq War has cost the American taxpayers almost $400 billion. The American military is the worlds best, but at the present time Bush still has American troops fighting his Iraq War that was lost years ago. More young Americans have now been killed in Iraq then were killed on 9/11/01, and the mastermind of 9/11 is still running free. He has never been in Iraq and Bush says, "I don't think of him often." I will be disappointed if the Democratic controlled House of Representatives doesn't impeach George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and do it no later than July 4, 2007. They both have lied many times and they were aware of it at the time. As a Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces, Bush is not. A caveman could do better.

Black-eyed peas
Ingredients:1 pound dried black-eyed peas2 quarts water,3 cups water1 medium onion -- finely chopped3 cloves garlic -- minced1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles2 teaspoons ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon pepper1/4 teaspoon baking soda1 dried or canned chipotle chile1/2 cup short-grain brown rice3 large tomatoes -- peeled & choppedsalt to taste Directions: Rinse and sort through peas. In a deep 3 1/2 to 4 quart pan, bring 2 quarts of the water to a boil over high heat. Add peas. Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rise peas, discarding cooking water. In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, green chiles, cumin, pepper, baking soda, and chipotle chile. Stir in peas; pour in remaining 3 cups water. Cover and cook at low setting until peas are tender and to bite (9 to 10 hours). Remove and discard chipotle chile; stir in rice and tomatoes. Increase cooker setting to high; cover and cook until rice is tender to bite (45 to 55 more minutes). Season to taste with salt. Serve in wide shallow bowls. Serves/makes 8